WriterBay.com: Frequently Asked Questions
Please check out our Tutorial page. There you will find an illustrated guide to the upload process.
The sample essay should have an extension of .doc, .docx, or .rtf. Your diploma can be sent as an image file (e.g., .jpeg). If you are having problems with the upload process, it is most likely that our system does not recognize the format of the document you are uploading.
If the format is right and you still cannot upload the file, send it to us via email at email@example.com
The maximum score for the grammar test is 15 points. If you score less than 10 points, your application may not be considered.
Your work sample has to be written on the topic specifically assigned to you (you can find out what the topic is in your profile after you finish the test). The sample should be plagiarism-free and should contain 275-350 words. If you use any outside sources, make sure you cite them properly. There are no specific formatting requirements, however Times New Roman 12 pt. font is recommended. The work should be submitted as a Microsoft Word document.
In order to check the status of your application, you need to log into your account and find the Account Information box. Make sure there is no orange box at the top of the page. If there is one, it should be asking you to re-upload your work sample.
Both registration and membership are absolutely free of charge. You will not have to pay us anything ever.
On average, we will get back to you within two business weeks after you submit your writing sample.
Make sure you have successfully uploaded your writing sample to our system. Your application cannot be processed until you complete this step. If you have already done so, it is our fault that we are taking so long. Be patient, we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Please check your SPAM folder. It is possible that we have sent you an important notification your email system has automatically flagged as spam. If this is not the case, contact our writer support team.
Please note that the decision we made is final and cannot be changed. You may apply again in no sooner than a year.
After your account has been activated, go to the "Available cases" page in your user control panel. There you will find a list of available writing jobs with their respective topics and the money amounts you could make for each job. Each case also states the number of pages/slides required and the deadline by which the completed work should be submitted.
Choose a case that matches your area of expertise and apply for it.
Make sure you familiarize yourself with "Paper Details" and the uploaded materials, if any, before applying for the case. If you are sure you will be able to follow the instructions and complete the job on time, enter a valid reason for us to assign you and click the "apply" button.
If you have been approved to take on the job, you will receive an email notification.
See the Tutorial for more details.
Yes, there is no limit to the number of cases you can apply for. However, make sure you apply only to the cases you know you can complete. Keep in mind that you can be assigned only to a reasonable amount of cases at the same time.
These are several possible reasons for this:
- The customer wants a specific writer to work on their case
- The customer has not yet listed the instructions or has not yet uploaded all the required materials. If this is so, the case will remain available until both instructions and the required materials have been uploaded
- Your area of expertise, experience or academic qualifications do not seem to match the case
Yes, they can. According to our Policy, we provide free revisions in case the revision instructions do not contradict the initial ones. The customer can request a revision any time before the approval or within 14 days after approval.
If the customer modifies initial instructions in any way, please let the Writer Support Team know. You should also write the customer a message and let them know that research was not part of initial instructions.
Yes, you can. The money value of the order is fixed and determined by 3 aspects: deadline, number of pages and academic level. However, if you see that the available order requires a lot of time and research, and the offered money is not enough to cover your time and efforts, you can suggest your own price (make a bid). It will be considered when you apply for the order.
Likewise, if you see that the available order is a piece of cake and that you would be able to complete it easily, you can make a bid that's lower than the amount of money offered. You would do this to increase your chances of getting the order.
No. Doing so would violate our Terms and Conditions.
You need to meet the following criteria:
- At least 12 points out of 15 for grammar test
- A minimum of 20 orders completed with no major mistakes
- Ability to write at least 100 quality pages per month (70 pages for PRO Light Writers)
- No customers' complaints about the formatting or the grammar
- No negative feedback regarding your work
- Availability over the phone and in chat both day and night
- No late or plagiarized works submitted
- At least two months of constant and active work on cases
- At least 3 orders with customers' positive feedback
- Ability to complete at least 20 orders of Help Needed category monthly.
If you do not meet the above criteria, you might still be eligible for the PRO Light status. We have to be satisfied with your writing skills and the work statistics to grant you the PRO Light status. If you keep delivering high-quality work once you've obtained the PRO Light status, this may be a basis for your further promotion to the PRO Writer status.
In order to apply for the PRO or PRO Light Writer status, please log into your account and press the "Get a promotion" button.
In case your request for promotion was declined, you can re-apply for the PRO or PRO light Writer status in two months after the previous application.
- PRO Light Writers receive a 15% bonus on every successfully completed case.
- PRO Writers get a bonus in the amount of 25% for each order. PRO Writers are automatically assigned to the job as soon as the "apply" button is hit. Exceptions apply to the orders that require further clarification.
Formatting styles - APA, MLA, Chicago and Harvard - are standards, according to which academic papers should be formatted. For your convenience, we have provided links to detailed formatting style guides on the Useful links page.
Every writer has a rating - an indicator of how successful he/she is. All writers start with the rating of 3. The highest rating you can get is 5.
- The number of faultless jobs performed. This means delivering a plagiarism-free paper on time and without any grammatical or punctuational errors
- How well you have been following order details provided by the customers
- Number of urgent jobs completed. These are the cases completed on a short notice and at our writer support team's request
- Customers' evaluations of the work done (after the work you have submitted has been approved)
- Missed phone calls from our Writer Support Team. This applies only when you have pending jobs (the ones you are still working on) or when the status is "Revision in progress"
- Average amount of grammatical mistakes you make
- Plagiarism rate (every work has a plagiarism rate, we just consider some rates normal and some rates - the ones above the bottom line - abnormal)
- Submission time (if you have missed the deadline)
- Withdrawing from the job without a valid reason
Yes. Here is a list of things you could be fined for (in accordance with our Terms and Conditions):
- Errors in the formatting of the paper
- Not answering the call
- Late submission
- Withdrawal from the case without a valid reason
- Delivery of a poor-quality work
- Instructions not followed
Academic writing service is ethical and working for us is absolutely legal. This is not about writing and selling papers for students. These works are often needed by people who want to save their time and conduct a profound research for their scientific works.
Papers you write for our website's customers can be used only as examples of high-quality writing. That means that the company retains the copyright and any other rights to use the product.
If you have doubts, you can contact our writer support team through the contact form, live chat or by phone at any time of day and night to make sure we are who we claim to be. You can also see our Terms and Conditions page to make sure we are not going to rip you off.
Check out the Testimonials page for the feedback of writers who have had a positive experience working with us.
Referral Program lets you earn additional income. If you refer your friends to us, you will be receiving 3% of all the money your friends make on our Website.
Normally, all the payments are processed between the 16th and the 20th of every month. The minimum amount we can pay is $100. You will receive the money only if your account balance exceeds $100.
It may take up to few days for the money to transfer to your account. The time it takes for the transfer to happen depends on the payment option chosen.
If you have more than $100 in your account, you will receive the money. The money may very well be released the very last day of the payment period.
Make sure you have provided us with a payment option you wish to receive the money through. Please let us know what your payment option of choice is at least four days before the very first payment period.
We offer several payment methods, so that you can choose the option that best meets your needs. To get more detailed information, visit our Payments page.
You can choose Global Bank Transfer service (powered by Payoneer), which includes local bank transfers, wire transfers, and US ACH. This service offers bank transfers to more than 200 countries, in over 50 currencies, starting at only $2.99 per transfer. To get more detailed information, visit our Payments page.
The customer has to approve the submitted work before the money can be transferred to your account. If the customer does not get back to us within two weeks, the case will be automatically approved.